Apprenticeships and Traineeships

There are a range of industry areas offering apprenticeship and traineeship eg hospitality, electrical, plumbing, horticulture, early childhood education and care. Students can do a full-time apprenticeship or traineeship (which means they have to leave school) or participate in a school-based apprenticeship or traineeship (they can stay at school, study to get their SACE, gain a VET qualification and work one day a week for pay). If a student is interested in an apprenticeship or traineeship in a particular industry, it is important to get themselves apprenticeship/traineeship ready so when they apply they meet the eligibility requirements.

These requirenments may include -

  • White card certificate (needed for most construction, trade, electrical apprenticeships)
  • Driver’s Licence
  • First Aid Course
  • Covid-19 Vaccinations
  • Working with Children Check Clearance
  • WHS Certificate with PLINK
  • Undertaken a Work Placement in the industry
  • Develop a CV and Cover Letter
  • VET course qualification eg a Certificate II or start a Certificate III

For more information, see your school VET leader or our useful links page.

  © 2006-2023 eSchool Solutions